Beauty for Ashes

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Two Weeks & Counting!

It's been a while since I've blogged! We moved into a new house & have been getting everything settled before we leave for Uganda.....in TWO weeks! We are just a little excited.. Can't believe it is almost here. We are so blessed to be able to say that our trip is has been fully funded thanks to those of you who gave & also those who bought our crosses! The Lord has been faithful to provide through you & gives me grace for ever doubting that He would.. I heard this phrase that kinda stuck with me "God FUNDS what He FAVORS" This tells me that ultimately if He is leading you towards something that will further His Kingdom-- He has already decided how He will fund it.. you need just walk in it and say yes.

Not only have you been so generous to give towards sending us, but we have had some precious ladies make pillow case dresses for us to take to the girls in Uganda (they love these). Here is a picture of some of them. They donated 100 total! Wow. I cannot wait to show you how much they love these. Thank you to Carla Stanford for organizing this and to the Pontotoc County Homemakers for making these!!
We've also been able to talk with some of our team members across the US, which has been really encouraging. Can't wait to meet them halfway across the world :) Got our luggage & name tags in the mail! Just get me on the plane already! I feel like I've been saying this since I got back from Kenya.

Lately I've been reading David Platt's new book Follow Me, and one chapter really stuck with me about God's Will. He talks about how we always ask, "What is God's Will for my life?" It's so true... we all do it. God, what do you want me to do with my life? And we have all of these methods that we like to try to figure out God's Will by.... coincidences, still small voice, miracles, you name it. But, the reality is.. God's Will has never been hidden from us nor is it something we have to go and find. He layed it out for us in His Word.. So instead of trying to search out God's Will for every little decision in our lives, if we just study His Word... He doesn't leave it a mystery. He tells us to LOVE Him & the people He made. And He tells us to GO and make disciples of ALL nations. All throughout the Bible there are so many scriptures on missions.. Old & New Testament- that is His Will...that all would come to know Him.

Most people know the love chapter, but I heard it Sunday in the message version:

If I speak with human eloquence and angelic ecstasy but don't love, I am nothing but the creaking of a rusty gate.
If I speak God's Word with power, revealing all his mysteries and making everything plain as day, and if I have faith to say to a mountain, Jump, and it jumps, but I don't have love, I am nothing.
If I give everything I own to the poor, and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don't love, I've gotten nowhere. 
So, no matter what I say,  what I believe, and what I do, I'm bankrupt without love.
1 Corinthians 13:1-7

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." Maya Angelou

If you want to keep up with us on our journey to Uganda in a few weeks, you can "like" Loving One by One Ministries on facebook and friend Sherry Schaeffer Roberts-- they will be posting updates & pictures. Thanks again for all the prayers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment